The first ever NEDS conference to be held in Finland starts tomorrow, September 21st 2016. There are almost 300 participants joining the conference from all Nordic countries. Check out the conference website: www.nedsconference.com for more information.
The NEDS board held a telephone meeting on August 15th. Here is a short summary of the meeting. More details are available from each National representative.
We mostly discussed the upcoming conference. Other than that we discussed preparations for the NEDS general assembly and the economy of NEDS.
The NEDS board held a telephone meeting on April 28th. Here is a short summary of the meeting. More details are available from each National representative.
1. Recent Nordic activities:
- A two-day meeting was held in Copenhagen on severe and enduring EDs and on personality and EDs. The Danish society has elected child psychiatrist Ulla Moslev as new chair.
- The Norwegian society are working on their web site and are involved in writing guidelines on excessive exercise and EDs.
- The Swedish society arranged a meeting around emotions and EDs.
- The Finnish society arranged a one-day seminar on EDs and neuropsychiatry.
2. The board discussed practical arrangements in regard to the upcoming conference, e.g. rules of cancellation, one-day tickets, the gala dinner.
3. The NEDS general assembly will be held in Helsinki during the conference. The board is responsible for meeting arrangements and will prepare everything in advance.
4. The board was informed via e-mail on the economy of the society.
5. The first World Eating Disorder Action day on June 2nd was discussed.
The NEDS board met in Helsinki February 4th 2016. The board focused on the upcoming congress and development of the society’s work. We got a tour of the congress venue and discussed practical issues. We reviewed the abstract evaluations made by the scientific committee and drafted the full program for the conference. All authors will be contacted during the coming week. We also started writing rules of procedure, a sort of guideline for the work of the board.
See you all in Helsinki in september!
The NEDS board (Jorunn Sundgot-Borgen, Inger Becker, Rasmus Isomaa and Lena Westin) in Helsinki. Missing from the picture is chair Mette Waaddegaard.
The abstract submission for the upcoming NEDS conference in Helsinki 21-23 September 2016 is open. We welcome four types of abstracts:
- Scientific paper presentations (15-20 minutes oral presentations)
- Workshops arranged by Nordic Interest Groups (60-90 minutes)
- Clinical workshops on treatment methods or therapeutic interventions (60-90 minutes)
- Poster presentations (Electronic poster format)
Deadline for all abstracts 31.12.2015. Submit your abstract at: www.nedsconference.com/abstracts/
In addition to the plenary sessions at the conference, we are looking forward to a lively exchange of ideas from all Nordic countries. The abstract submission system will open in the autumn of 2015, so start the discussions in your clinics and research groups.
We will ask for four types of abstracts:
1. Scientific paper presentations (15-20 minutes oral presentations)
2. Workshops arranged by Nordic Interest Groups (60-90 minutes)
3. Clinical workshops on treatment methods or therapeutic interventions (60-90 minutes)
4. Poster presentations (Electronic poster format)
More information will be published on the conference website www.nedsconference.com early fall 2015.
The programme for Neds Conference 2016 is taking form. We have many exciting speakers and topics already confirmed for the upcoming event.
Plenary sessions will cover topics such as what evidence based treatment really means; misconceptions about eating disorders; the personality of the patient; treatment expectations; compulsive exercise; history of restraint in psychiatry. Our speakers include Cynthia Bulik, Carrie Arnold, Jörgen Herlofson, David Clinton, Pia Charpentier, and Jorun Sundgot-Borgen.
Camilla Lindvall Dahlgren (NO), Joakim de man Lapidoth (SE), Louise Högdahl (SWE), and Rasmus Isomaa (FIN) recently launched the “NIG Web”, a Nordic Eating Disorder Society (NEDS) interest group for internet-based intervention and prevention programs for eating disorders (see http://www.neds.nu/). Our primarily areas of interest are currently guided internet-based self-help, unguided internet-based self-help and smart phone applications.
As most of our research and clinical work is in its infancy, we feel that there is a need for expanding Internet literacy, and the understanding of how online solutions can be used to prevent and treat eating disorders. We know that there are a number of other eating disorder experts in the Nordic countries who share our interest in web-based interventions, and who, like us, would like to share and expand their scope of knowledge in this particular field. We further believe that this fairly young discipline will benefit from international collaborations, with the potential of reforming clinical practice in eating disorders. Through NIG Web meetings, presentations and discussions we wish to inspire the development of new ideas, common research projects and perhaps even shared technological solutions.
With this email, we would like to invite you to join our special interest group “NIG Web”, but also to encourage you to spread the word of this group. Feel free to invite friends and colleagues who share our interests in online prevention and treatment for eating disorders, and who wants to make a difference, both clinically and in terms of research.
We are planning a 1-day NIG Web meeting in one of the Nordic capitals in October or November 2015. This meeting will allow for us to meet in person, and to start discussing common interests and ideas. In order to start planning the meeting, we would like to know if you are interested in attending. If so, please fill in the form attached and return it via email to camilla.lindvall(@)dahlgren.no. We will circulate a new email with more details once we know who (and how many) are interested in attending.
We look forward to hear from you!
All the best,
Camilla, Joakim, Louise & Rasmus
At the NEDS board meeting yesterday (10th of December) a new Nordic interest group was accepted as a part of NEDS. The group is called NIG Web and will focus on web-based interventions for eating disorders. Read more about the group here and please contact the group if you are interested in joining.
Thank you Stockholm! Welcome to Helsinki!
The 10th Nordic conference was held last week. The conference was a success with many great presentations and discussions. The most important part of the conference is of course the possibility to network with professionals from all over the Nordic countries.
When the abstinence kicks in, just visit the web site for the upcoming 2016 conference web site. Go straight to www.nedsconference.som/2016 or click on the Conference link above. Remember to sign up for the news letter so you do not miss any information!